A sweet treat for when those cravings hit. High in calcium, B vitamins and EFAs. You wont find that in a Snickers bar!
- 1 cup mixed fruit, ie. chopped dates, sultanas, apricots, figs (soaked to soften for a few hours then drained)
- 2 cups mixed nuts walnuts, sesame, seeds, pumpkin seeds, macadamias
- 1/2 cup raw unhulled tahini
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon carob powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 teaspoons camu camu powder
- 1/4 cup dark raw agave syrup or yacon syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil gently warmed so its liquid
- Dessicated coconut for rolling in
In a food processor, process nuts until rougly chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix well. You might want to use clean hands to really massage the ingredients in. When the consistency is right, roll into balls and roll onto a plate lined with dessicated coconut. They can be eaten straight away or put into the freezer and eaten straight from the freezer for when the naughty treat craving hits!