Pizza is so versatile, and super healthy when raw. This is a deviation from sprouted bases and the topping is super quick to make. Recipe inspired by Golubka Blogspot. Serves 4 people.
Ingredients pizza base:
- 2 1/2C mixed vegetables such as turnip, carrot, pumpkin, zucchini, sweet potato
- 1/2C walnuts, soaked 4 hrs, drained
- 1/2C flax meal
- 1t himalayan sea salt
- water and more if needed
Method for pizza base:
In processor process veges until they are small pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Place walnuts in processor and pulse into tiny bits. Add to bowl. Add rest of ingredients and make a sticky dough. Spread onto dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115°F for 6-8 hours. When top is dry, flip and dehydrate another 3 hours or until dry.
Hummus spread ingredients:
- 2C cashews, soaked 2 hours, drained
- 2T raw tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/4C lemon juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2t cumin
- 1/2t ground coriander seeds
- 1/2C water
Method for hummus:
In blender, process all ingredients except water, add water gradually till hummus is smooth.
Olive mix ingredients:
- 1C green olives, (unpasteurised) chopped
- 1/2C black olives (unpasteurised) chopped
- handful of fresh parsely
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4C olive oil
- 2t dried mixed herbs
- Black pepper
Method for olives:
Mix in all ingredients and set aside to marinate 1 – 2 hours covered.
Mushroom mix ingredients:
- 1 1/2C shiitake or brown mushrooms
- 1/4C mixed orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice
- 1T chopped fresh sage or oregano
- 1/4C olive oil
- 1t himalayan sea salt a Black pepper
- Splash tamari
Method for mushrooms:
Mix in all ingredients and set aside to marinate 1 hour covered.
Additional ingredients for assembly:
- 1C chopped cherry tomatoes
- Dehydrated sage or oregano leaves (put in when doing pizza base)
Spread hummus mix over pizza base. Top with mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes, crushed dehydrated sage leaves and serve. Enjoy!