This Watermelon & Coconut Kefir with Silica drink is beautifully refreshing for summer, its easy to make and loaded with beneficial good bacteria and body loving Silica!
Makes approx 1 – 1.5 litres.
- 1C coconut water from a fresh young coconut
- 3C watermelon roughly chopped
- 2 capsules good quality probiotics (make sure it has lactobacillus acidophilus in it)
- 1.5 litre flip top glass bottle
- Funnel (helps but not essential)
In a high powered blender blend all ingredients until well combined.
Empty pro-biotic capsules (break them open, do not put whole capsules in the blender!) and blend again just enough to combine.
Pour into flip top bottle and leave out on bench to ferment 36 – 72 hours, depending on the temperature. I did this over a few humid days and had explosions! So keep an eye on it. Once done, pop in the fridge to cool overnight and this will also slow down ferment. Drink as is or:
Once fermenting is done:
- 30ml Cellfood Essential Silica Formula
- 1C pineapple roughly chopped
- few drops of Stevia if desired
- 1C ice
Pour out 21/2C of fermented watermelon and coconut kefir into a high powered blender. Add pineapple, silica, ice and stevia (if using).
Blend until just combined. Pour in to your favourite mason jar, decorate with fresh mint and serve over extra ice. Delicious and nutritious!
Alternatively you can blend the above ingredients seperately and pour it over the top of the coconut and watermelon kefir to get a layered effect (see pic). Pretty!