All the goodness of greens in one dish! This raw spinach quiche makes 8 pieces.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Pinch himalayan or celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons warmed coconut oil to bind
Process nuts and salt in a food processor. Add warmed coconut oil to bind. You will know its the right consistency when you can form a shape out of the crust in your hand. Transfer to a removable base 9inch flan tin. Press out base and up the sides using your fingers to shape and firm. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked 2 hours and drained)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes (soaked in just boiled water 20 minutes to soften)
- Handful basil, roughly chopped
- Handful dill, roughly chopped
- Half a red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons warmed coconut oil to bind
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons lecithin granules
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw unpasteurised black olives for decorating
Place all ingredients except olives in a high speed blender and blend until you reach a smooth consistency. Pour into prepared pie crust and decorate with sliced black olives and set aside in refrigerator for 30 mins before serving. Serve with your favourite salad. You can also warm this dish before serving in the dehydrator at 147°F for 20 minutes.